Staff Faith Formation Outcomes:
- Staff connect positively and meaningfully with each other
- Staff deepen their understanding of and connection to the person of Jesus Christ
- Staff engage in various styles of prayer and activities
- Staff are empowered in their own spiritual journey through reflection on their own stories both personally and communally
- The story and charism of your school’s religious identity is prayerfully explored
- Catholic Social Justice Principles are explored through Project Kindy stories (read more here)
Retreat Theme “A Powerful Spirituality”
A powerful spirituality is grounded in Jesus first, imitating His love for the poor, self-transcending love for community and closeness to God. When we commit to leadership (as every staff member does) we equally need to commit to high levels of personal and communal wellbeing in order to thrive in our roles. A school is run by people and spirituality is the energy force at the core of who a person is. So, a staff with an integrated, healthy, lifegiving spirituality is a very powerful group of leaders who serve the interests of the children well.
The input and activities weave wisdom found in:
- Matthew 25:34-40
- Catholic Social Justice Principles
- Christian Virtue Ethics
- Catholic Ethos of Faith Formation
- Social justice learnings from Project Kindy in Malawi, Africa
- The staff’s life experience and reflections together
Participants will be invited to:
- Explore the history and spirituality of Catholic Education and apply their learnings to create a vision for the staff spirituality (lifegiving Catholic ethos) for their current time and place
- Choose their own Noble Gospel Value and articulate why it is important for their spirituality
- Enjoy time decompressing in the retreat environment and with each other
- Paint a glass candle holder for a partner as a special gift and reminder to live their Noble Gospel Value
- Bless each other in an oil blessing ritual
- Learn and receive Rosary prayer resources to continue their faith formation at home and/or school. Bulk Rosary Beads are available for purchase here.
Scripture: Matthew 25:34-40
Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family,[g] you did it to me.’
Sample Staff Spirituality Day Program
|8:30 – 9:00||Arrival||Gather together|
|9:00 – 10:30||Session 1||Welcome and introductions
Small Group Conversations
History and Spirituality of Our Place Then and Now
|10:30 – 11:00||Morning Tea|
|11:00 – 1:00||Session 2||Project Kindy Storytelling
Creative Prayer Experience (painting glass candle holders)
|1:00 – 1:30||Lunch|
|1:30 – 2:30||Session 3||Prayer
Oil Blessing Ritual
Modified Version the Rosary
How will this work?
You will receive the link to your password-protected dedicated website and your unique username and password via email.
You will then be able to access every resource at that website for a year from the date of purchase.
You will enjoy email support for that year.
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.