Looking for online resources for your staff retreat?
Here you will find a full day’s staff retreat program online for adult Catholic faith formation. The planning and creating has been done for you! You will receive the online retreat content via a secured website, a printable retreat journal for your participants and a detailed schedule and checklist for each session straight to your inbox.
Do you wish someone would do the following for you for your upcoming staff retreat?
- design the retreat theme, create the content and come up with the hands-on activities
- send the craft materials, handouts, program and checklist to you
- make sure the retreat is about Catholic faith formation and is appropriate for adults
- make sure the retreat engages your staff (they’ll actually thank you for it)
- basically save you heaps of time and organise this day for you
- the staff get to interact with each other in various ways
- gateways for spirituality development are offered as invitations
- the dignity of each staff member is affirmed
- the Faith is shared confidently and in a way that offers to meets us at our real-life needs
- the staff are given opportunities to contribute and feel a sense of belonging to the community
- there are easy but effective hands-on craft prayer experiences and tangible prayer rituals
- the content is delivered in a variety of formats that keep the momentum flowing
30-day Money-back Guarantee for your Online Staff Retreat Resources
Retreat Day Outcomes
- Staff connect positively and meaningfully with each other
- Staff deepen their understanding of and connection to the person of Jesus Christ
- Staff engage in various styles of prayer and activities
- Staff are empowered in their own spiritual journey through reflection on their own stories both personally and communally
- Catholic spirituality is prayerfully explored
- Catholic Social Justice Principles are explored through Project Kindy stories (read more here)
Online Staff Retreat Theme “A Powerful Spirituality”
A powerful spirituality is grounded in Jesus first, seeing God in all people, working to empower others to thrive, imitating His love for the poor, transcending the self to create a loving community and forever receiving the grace and closeness of God. When we commit to leadership, as every staff member in a school does, we equally need to commit to high levels of personal and communal wellbeing in order to thrive in our roles and cast light around us. A school is a purposeful community run by people and spirituality is the energetic force at the core of who a person is. So, a staff with an integrated, healthy, lifegiving spirituality is a very powerful group of leaders who serve the interests of their young people well.
The staff retreat input and activities come from:
- Matthew 25:34-40
- Christian Virtue Ethics
- Catholic Ethos of Faith Formation
- Catholic Social Justice learnings from Project Kindy in Malawi, Africa
- The staff’s life experience and reflections together
- Resilience and Wellbeing Research from the social sciences, workplace wellbeing and neuroscience fields
“We focus on wellbeing for our staff days so we are very happy to find a match with Donna. She blends Catholic theology and wellbeing research together seamlessly. I found the experience really empowered our staff and several of them thanked me afterwards.” – Sonia, Secondary School APRE
Participants will be invited to:
- Explore Catholic spirituality and apply their learnings to envision a lifegiving Catholic ethos for the community
- Choose their own Noble Gospel Value and articulate why it is important for their spirituality (based in neuroscience research)
- Enjoy time decompressing in the retreat environment and with each other
- Be inspired by Kindergarten communities in extreme poverty in Malawi
- Paint a glass candle holder for a partner as a special gift and reminder to live their Noble Gospel Value
- Learn and receive Rosary prayer resources to continue their faith formation at home and/or school.
- Take away all of the prayer experiences as resources for faith formation in the classroom
The creative craft prayer experience of the staff retreat requires materials which I have available for purchase. This saves you money, takes hours off your prep time and offers your staff an engaging prayer experience that stays with them. I often hear feedback that the staff treasure their candle holders or wooden prayer circles for a long time as they were made for them by a partner, are meaningful and are visually attractive.
I also have Rosary Beads for bulk purchase. These add a special quality to the staff prayer and are also beautiful gifts for your staff to keep. They are already blessed, they’re colourful and I had the crosses inscribed with the comforting message, “I am with you”. By the way, these make excellent graduation gifts for your Year 6s.
Scripture: Matthew 25:34-40
Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’
Online Staff Retreat Resources Program
|8:30 – 9:00||Arrival||Gather for a cup of tea or coffee|
|9:00 – 10:45||Session 1||Welcome, Hospitality and Opening Prayer
Small Group Reflections and Conversations
Small Group Spokespeople Share Reflections with Whole Group
Animation Input: Cultivating a Healthy, Integrative Spirituality
|10:45 – 11:15||Morning Tea|
|11:15– 1:00||Session 2||Project Kindy Storytelling
Creative Craft Prayer Experience (painting glass candle holders for a partner)
|1:00 – 1:45||Lunch|
|1:45 – 2:45||Session 3||Guided Meditation
Praying a Modified Version the Rosary: One Decade (blessed Rosary beads and organza bags are ideal but optional)
Blessing and Farewell
How do these Online Staff Retreat Resources work?
Once you purchase the online staff retreat resources, you will automatically receive a downloadable PDF with access information for the password-protected, dedicated retreats website. Your staff retreat presentation content will be on a webpage that you can display with your big screen and sound speakers. You simply scroll down as you journey through the retreat day. You will have access to the website for 6 months from the date of purchase and you only have access to the program that you purchase.
On that same PDF there is also a detailed, scheduled staff retreat Program for you as the facilitator and a staff retreat Materials Checklist to ensure you’re organised on the day.
You will also automatically receive my downloadable PDF Staff Retreat Journal to print for each of your participants.
You can email me or call me any time if you have questions or need support.
There is a 30-day money-back refund policy, no questions asked.
The staff retreat creative craft prayer experience requires materials which I have for purchase. I highly recommend you take me up on this service as it saves you time and money and the hassle of sourcing good quality materials and working out quantities needed.
The Rosary beads I have for bulk purchase for your staff retreat are wooden, colourful, high quality and they are a lot less expensive than similar quality rosary beads on the market. I designed them and had them produced myself because the only rosary beads I could find for bulk purchase for my retreats were junky plastic ones. My Rosary beads are blessed by a Capuchin Friar, Fr Joshy, here in Brisbane and I include white organza bags for free. Each purchase also contributes to my charity, Project Kindy, providing kindergarten fees for chidlren in extreme poverty. So, you are demonstrating love for the poor when you purchase my Rosary beads for your staff retreat.
Facilitating your own Catholic faith formation staff retreat couldn’t be easier!