I care about how spirituality can strengthen the wellbeing of individuals and communities with more love, resilience, purpose, social justice and joy. What keeps me up at night is the suffering and isolation of young people and the adults who care for them. You’re doing amazing work, whether you care for young people or adults in a school, parish or in your personal life, and I would like to help you in your mission to love, guide and empower them.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Catholic Culture through ACU
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) through QUT and registered teacher
- 10 years as Campus Minister at Siena Catholic College
- 20+ years in Catholic parish youth, organisations and school ministry roles
- Founder of Project Kindy charity for kindergarten children in Malawi, Africa
- Professional singer and songwriter
To help people flourish through enjoyable, meaningful and empowering Catholic faith formation and wellbeing experiences.
To build confidence, resilience and wellbeing in students and staff through:
- the cultivation of Gospel values in everyday life,
- the expansion of love for self and communities,
- the deepening of connection with Jesus who loves us and leads our mission
- and creative participation in our pilgrim, changing, faith-filled Church.
Love, Creativity, Empowerment, Human Dignity, Faith, Servant Leadership, Common Good, Joy
Guiding Principles of Faith Formation
- Faith Formation affirms the Human Dignity of every participant unconditionally and aims to help them to flourish as human beings.
- Participants thrive when their stories are listened to, their whole selves are accepted and their strengths are affirmed. This develops a sense of belonging and purpose in the community.
- Christian stories, principles and values are most meaningful to participants when explored through their own experience and when their community intentionally and explicitly strives for a Christian ethos.
- Hearts and spirits are specially opened through the experience of communal, live music, modern creative media and real-life stories that demonstrate Catholic Social Teaching Principles.
- Faith Formation experiences of spiritual practices on the day are exponentially more effective when supported by ongoing, resourced personal and communal practise of spirituality skills.
- In the context of exploring how the Gospel of Jesus helps us to flourish, evidence-based, psychological wellbeing strategies are very empowering and become ‘water turned into wine’ as wellbeing development becomes multi-dimensional (head, heart, hands and spirit).
- Catholic theological anthropology and social teaching strengthen the resilience of participants by offering a positive, loving, grounded and transcendent identity in relationship with God and others.
- Faith Formation empowers participants to contribute more intentionally to the life-giving culture of their communities with a deepened sense of purpose for working for the Common Good.
- Finding new ways to follow Jesus personally and communally builds resilience as participants are strengthened by growing in God’s love and by joining our large, diverse and creative pilgrim Church community. God’s mission has a Church, not the other way around.
- Faith Formation is not complete until participants experience a sense of joy, fun and hospitality.
I’m like the visiting “aunt” who says the same thing as the “parent” (you) but in a way that is new to the students or staff. An external presenter or resource can take the burden off your shoulders and offer participants a different style.
You are called to love, lead and educate the people in your care and cultivate a life-giving Christian ethos for your community. Undesrtandably you can feel energy or time-poor at times. I have the time, freedom and passion to put hours into these retreats and resources and hope to support you in this way for the Common Good.
You and I share an enthusiasm for empowering people with the lived experience of the Catholic faith. I hope to help you provide faith formation retreats and/or resources that connect well with your people, align with your messaging and are consistent with the expectations of the NCEC framework for faith formation in Catholic mission.
Bonus: you can tick one big time-consuming job off your very long to-do list!
Let’s chat on the phone 0438510974 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Enquire Here